Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A few hectic days ...... 2008 family reunion news



So it has been FEW HECTIC DAYS since I last posted anything.


Ashton and Elyssa had a great time at Disney Land. They came home on thursday afternoon and watched their crazy mama try to make two huge batches of refrigerator pickles. One for the church picnic and the other for the family reunion. 15 giant cucumbers later I was exhausted and my hands were stained green.

I still was not done..... I had to make 2 containers of buttermilk syrup for the family reunion auction and also 2 sets of fridge magnets. It was 1:30 in the morning by the time I felt like I was able to try to go to sleep!!!!! Friday morning arrived with a very annoying alarm clock blaring at 6am. As soon as I got up I had to hurry and get the stuff packed for the camping trip. I had not packed a darn thing, and we were leaving before noon. I had to hurry to the church and drop off the refrigerator pickles for the picnic. While I was there I realized that sunday was communion and I had forgotten all about it..... so I rushed to fill all of the communion cups and left them in the fridge. Along with a note for Miss Judy. All in all I arrived home and got everything packed in time to go camping and leave before noon. I even got in a very small nap while we were on the road!!!!

We had a really great time camping, it was an awesome trip.....This picture shows me about ready to cry.... I was Shat upon!!!!!! If you look really close you can see that a nasty little bird decided to take a poop right on me. I was just walking along enjoying the nice morning and low and behold somethng like a big, fat, wet, warm, raindrop landed on my chest. I looked up to see if it was going to rain but there was not a single cloud in the sky... not one!!!! so naturally hand goes to wet spot to investigate. It was nasty, I didn't dare move for fear of spreading it. Justin and I were walking along taking photos of the kids. I couldn't believe it when Justin told me I had been dive bombed by a bird. The saddest part of it all was when he started laughing at me and raised the camera and got a shot of the MESS before I could turn and defend myself.


Did I mention that I had burned my hand really bad while making breakfast? so my right hand was all tied up in a wet cold rag and he had no sypathy for me. I really did want to cry right then and there. Lucky for me he was nice enough to take my cold wet rag away and clean up the mess.


The rest of the trip went very well we had a nice hike and I made Justin go up on a really high rock and play his guitar so I could get some photos. He was really a good sport about it. The lake was really low so we did not swim but we did catch a frog! Elyssa was ecstatic!!! My Buttermilk syrup was auctioned off for $9 a jar.....


We came home Sunday afternoon. On monday morning I decided I really needed to start homeschooling, we were 2 weeks behind!!! It all went well except that my internet connection was extremely slow as usual. I am happy to report after 2 days of homeschooling we are all still intact and no one has any lingering ill effects. Although it is clear that one of my children needs an attitude ADJUSTMENT. We are working on that.....


The best news of the week though has to be that we are getting rid of our slower than dirt dial up connection and we are getting high speed wireless internet. YEE HAWW!!!!!


I don't know if I am more excited or if Ashton is. He can now connect our Wii online to battle his Uncle John on Guitar Hero. As a trade off we are going to cancel our home phone and just use our cell phones for calling around.


I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

2 comments:

Erin Trimble said...

Sounds like you guys had a really great time camping... and I have to be honest and say that the bird poo picture is really funny! We are allowed to laugh now, right?

Oh, I love you, my friend, and your blog!

Hugs, E

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

I was wondering where you were at the church picnic. You were missed but I'm glad you had a good time. The bird poop thing is too funny and your picture is great. Cool picture of Justin.