Thursday, December 11, 2008

14 Really Great Years

It's our 14th Anniversary can you believe it?
I am having a hard time believing it has been that long. I guess I should start at the beginning. I will try to keep this post under control.

Justin and I met when we were 17, sure we went to a very small private school together for 3 years before we even said a word to each other.( graduating class of 5) However in our senior year we became friends, he was working on a mural for Dory Anderson's Pilgrim's Progress. I was in the Honor's Room so I did not have the full time private school type of supervision. We had a lot more freedom than any one else. Any way after I would finish all of my work I would head into see if this new found friend of mine needed an assistant. We soon started dating and along with that came all of the typical drama. I ended up moving into Justin's parent's home after I turned 18 more drama blah, blah, blah. Here's where it gets good. One day in December of 1994, (still 18yrs. old mind ya) Justin's Dad caught us as we were about to leave to go out for a while and he told us that we were getting married on Monday, this was the previous Thursday, so we had all of 3 1/2 days to try to prepare. I mean we knew we wanted to get married someday but we were shooting for the next year sometime. So this was a great surprise. I am going to tell you now that I have never had a day of regret! I would not change a thing.
The night after we got married we went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant, my fortune cookie said "you will be happy in marriage" wow that was cool! I kept that fortune taped to the mirror in our bedroom for years and then it moved into the scrapbook and I just showed it to the kids a few days ago.
Then February rolled around and we got our first apartment, next thing you know it is 2 years later and we are moving into our little mobile home. Ashton came to make us a happy little family 3 years after we were married. I always worried that Justin would not be loving with His children because he had not grown up around other little ones as I had. I don't know what I was worried about the kids have him thoroughly wrapped around their little fingers. Elyssa came around and completed our family 2 1/2 yrs. later. We lived in our mobile home for 11 yrs. until last January, we decided to see if we could sell the place and buy a house. That part went so quickly within 2 weeks we had it sold and another 2 weeks saw us completely moved out. I would say this has to have been the hardest year we have ever had. It was very stressful on every one involved but we have very gracious families who took us in for 3 months. That was alot longer than we had anticipated being with out a home of our own. I have never seen Justin under so much stress. To a point where I was not sure I really knew this Justin. I am fairly sure I was not quite myself either. We made it though.... and we are still trying to find a place for all our stuff.

When I look back at us as kids, really just in love and having fun. I remember loving him, but I don't feel the same about him now as I did then. Now it is so much deeper, not the same kind of love at all. Our Love for each other has evolved to a much higher level. The kind of love that can communicate so much with just a look. You know, we have been able to read each others minds for years now. I always know where he wants to go eat and what he wants to do. I know he is trying to make a decision by just a simple hand gesture he makes when he is thinking. I know when there is a shift in his mood, with out him ever saying a word. All of this only comes from knowing some one so well for so long. After all we grew up together! Became adults together.

He asked me what I wanted to do for our anniversary. I told him a nice dinner out would be fine. He also said he wants to take me to see "twilight" the movie. I am really excited to go!!! I am having a hard time getting out of him what he wants to do. He keeps saying "what ever you want to do." I know how much he hates going to the movies. He really hates it. I tried to let him off the hook and told him that the girls and I would go out and see it but he would not hear of it.

This man who loves me so much wants to go see a girlie movie. He wants to warm me up at night when I come to bed and am freezing. He wants to put gas in my car for me every sunday afternoon. (I have never put gas not even once into my PTCruiser not since he bought it for me in august of 2005) He wants to empty the garbage for me so I never have t0 touch the can. These are just a few of the things he does for me..... I love this man with every thing in my being! I don't just love him but I can honestly say after 14 years I am more in love with him than I have ever been.
These are a few of the things that have helped us along the way:
1. GOD
2. For us divorce is not an option. WE are breaking the cycle. We both openly acknowledge it.
3. We always support each other in matters of discipline, even when we don't agree.
4. We never call names or belittle each other when we argue, the facts only.....
5. We Honor each other, that means going above and beyond to make sure we are thinking of the other person in every situation, We go out of our way to please each other.
6. Unity, together we stand but divided we fall.... we take a unified stance for our children.
7. Remebering that love is not only a feeling, it is a choice we make every day it is a verb....
Happy 14th Anniversary Honey, I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Stac! Congratulations to you both! It is great counting you as friends. Keep remembering all this stuff in the coming years, and you'll continue to celebrate like this each year.

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

Congratulations Justin and Stacey! Its wonderful to see two people committed to making things work. I'm thankful Jesse and I have you both as an example and as friends. And thank you for the advice. I hope to use it in my marriage. We love you guys!

Teaching by Mom said...

Oh, Lovie! That made me cry! It was so sweet to think of you two back in school.

I remember when I realized there was something going on between you two. I had walked out to the parking lot with some one and saw you in Justin's mustang. I was so jealous. I had never been able to sit in it, let alone ride in it!

I am so deeply happy for you. I love you both and am so glad that we have stayed in touch (albiet, sometimes infrequently.)

Please give Just my love. Tell him that you two are very dear to me and I am blessed God has continued to allow me to know you two.

xo! Rach

Ty and Molly said...

It was great to read your post! I am so glad that Erin & JJ have you and Justin in their lives. We all need to know people you have walked the path before us :)