Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Goodness

It is July 8th! I can't even believe it. It seems that Summer will be over before it even gets started... Here are a few pics of some great summer goodness. Garden goodies, freezer jam, butterflies, and birds.
Ashton took some great pics of the birds in the backyard.....

Elyssa loves to catch the butterflies and moths that hang out around our backyard. This one was a really big one with a wing span of 5-6 inches.Elyssa's first strawberry....Our first zucchiniMe preparing the zucchini,Elyssa helping make chinese ham fried rice with the first zucchini4th of July, got my mom to try my margarita.... mmmmmm.... she hated it! And it had very little "tekillya" in it. (Hi, JJ)Elyssa caught this little thing yesterday not sure if it was a butterfly or a moth but it had blue in it. Elyssa making her very first batch of "ApricotFreezer Jam" It was so good we had some on england mushins (english muffins) for a snack, it was very tasty!Tonight I had justin pick the zucchini that were very small 2 days ago but are almost too big today. I am so glad I did not forget to have him check them. The Yellow Crook neck was picked yesterday. Tomorrow I will have to pick more zucchini. These zucchini come from a plant we did not have roo for in the garden so we planted it on the edge of the garden near a patch of weeds. This is our biggest plant by far and the best producer. It baffles me that the plant in the worst location with the least care does the best! And the plant in the garden with the best care has yet to produce anything.

No comments: