Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hot mama Apron Swap....Cocktails edition.

My partner received her package so it is safe for me to post about the apron. 
The apron I finished in record time, and then had to wait to ship off. 

 I had a very difficult time finding any cocktail related fabric. Included in her package I sent a cocktail recipe book published in the 1955. It was blue and pink and also had cherries in the illustrations. That was my inspiration! I found some blue, ruffled, garter lace and let that be the special addition that made it just a little on the spicy side.  I made it with extra long ties to be able to tie it in front.
 I found a cute martini applique at Joann's and put it on the front pocket. 

 Then I made some cocktail glass markers/charms. 
They are pinup girls. I tried to stay with the pink and blues. 
Also because it was end of July all of the cocktail themed items were either on clearance or gone, to make room for Halloween items in the stores. So finding the perfect tuck-ins, I had in mind, ended up being a huge challenge. But in the end I was very happy with the package  I sent off. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did putting it together!  

1 comment:

Laura said...

Love the apron you created & the cocktail charms are too dang cute!