The next thing I knew, there were glass shards everywhere. A sea of white and green sparkling fragments of glass. They were on the counter tops, in the living room, in the hall way, and all over the kitchen floor. It took about 30 seconds for me to fully realize what had just occured. Ashton was putting away all of the dishes and in one second he miscalculated and dropped every one of my dinner plates. 3 survived the mishap and I happened to have 1 in the fridge. So now I have a total of 4 dinner plates. 1 is green the rest are white. The white ones are corelle we got them as a gift 15 years ago. The green ones, I found at the dollar store a long time ago. They were my most favorite because they were like an old fashioned milk glass material. However they were not microwave safe. So I am on the hunt for some new plates. Below are some pics of the carnage. It took me about 20 minutes to sweep and vacuum the floor and I still don't think we got it all. Ashton cut his foot from a piece that was found in the hall way. He is fine. From the pics it doesn't look like a lot of glass but it was EVERYWHERE! ! ! Last month, Justin and I were talking about us getting new plates for Christmas, Hmm, looks like I might get my wish.
Mental Health Awareness Week (MHAW),
3 weeks ago