Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blogging for Therapy

Todays blog is for theraputic purposes......

For the last 2 weeks we have been suffering through very cool mornings and some chilly days due to the fact that our furnace decided to (how to put this nicely????) quit on us.... well not exactly the furnace but the brains of the furnace apparently had Alzheimers and was not able to remember that when we said we wanted it at 70 degrees it needed to turn on and warm up the house. The beast was obstinate, there were days we could get some cooperation and then there were days when the thing would just sit there testing our patience. I finally had it when it took me 3 days to fully warm up after sitting in a 60 degree house last tuesday! Justin's dad came over and spent the better part of a day trying to get it up and running. Justin had been working crazy hours he was up at 3am and worked 10 hour days and just did not have the time to get to it. Kent finally did get it running and it has been really nice to be warm again, all we had to do was get new brains for our furnace...... yea...... I thought. This photo will tell you exactly what I am dealing with today....

Once again I am freezing!

Now on to the 2nd part of why I am blogging for therapy today. It seems that we had some visitors to the neighborhood last week that thought we could use a window replacement. The following is a photo of my living room window. Some how they thought that sending a pellet through our front window would be a great idea..... I don't seem to be of the same mind. I am now having to deal with window glass replacement and estimators, who are supposed to call when they are on their way, but don't. More irritating than that was seeing the work order on my sofa that said "call when on way" highlighted in bright pink! HELLO!!!!

So now what to do??? Fix furnace or fix window, HMMMM does not seem like we have a choice in either matter. I think the furnace is of much more importance right now.
I hope my venting does not bring you down, because this is alot cheaper than therapy!
Thank you my friends for listening to my ranting and raving.....
until next time,
S

focusing today on: well trying to anyway...

1Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

Scary about the window. Great scripture for your circumstance.

Fisher Family said...

are you kidding... That's how Christa and Jessie LOVE it. (and I was hoping to post this before she got to post)

They love 60 degree temperatures in their house! BRRRRRR! too cold for me. :)