Sunday, November 9, 2008

Rumor Has It......

Today I had an opportunity to attend another church for a special event that they were hosting. I believe while I was away My Son may have inadvertently started a nasty rumor about me. I think he must have been misunderstood in his telling of where exactly I was. I was at Freedom Worship Center. I had been invited there to judge their Annual Chili Cook-Off. (I had a really great time and the chilis were great.)
Justin was telling me that he was confronted by one of the Elders in our church of just why I had not brought My Chili to OUR Church. Funny thing is I did not make chili. But I sure did eat chili! So I am writing this post to set the record straight..... I did not go to another church to enter my chili in their chili contest.....I attend Discovery Christian Community and I only visited the other church to judge a chili cook-off. I have no intention of church hopping or leaving our church. I am perfectly happy where the Lord has placed us.
I think everyone should go eat a bowl of chili now.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Stac, Just read your post. Jim heard your post however also and he said elders are never incorrect in their interpretation of information so to clear the record he said you just need to bring in your chili and everything else will be cleared up.:) Just wanted to let you know I missed seeing you today. I will see you tomorrow. Love ya, Becky :)

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

I was wondering where you were at yesterday. I was worried you were sick. Glad to hear it was just that you were cheating on us with chili.

Dave Ottley said...

Sorry Stacey, I guess I should have sent a request for you to miss. Just kidding. Isn't it great to know that you are missed when you are away from you church family? It is a reminder to me to pay more attention to who is not in service and to give them a call. Thank you so much for being one of our judges. Everyone that knew you from when we attended Valley were so happy to see you and the family. Lori said to tell you that she was sorry she missed you due to her being out of town.

Erin Trimble said...

I was going to side with you on the whole chili mix-up, but seeing these comments has made me change my opinion: I love you my friend, but you made a mistake by "cheating on the church with chili" as Christa so eloquently put it. LOL!!! How funny!!! I guess I really don't have a leg to stand on, seeing as how I was not in church either, huh?

Much love, and happy chili-making. E