So much has happened in the last few weeks and I want to share all of that here.
I will try to start in order and make my way through the list of things I want to remember.
It has been a really busy season for us and we are hoping that with Christmas right around the corner it will start to slow down.
so here is my list
1. I catered a wedding! It was a great success! Very stressful as there are soooo many details to be looked after. In all everything went very smoothly, and we pulled it off without a hitch. I had an organized team of 10 ladies to help me. It was a grueling 4 days. But I could not have done it
with out their hard work. I also catered the rehearsal dinner.
here is the menu for these 2 events
Spaghetti sausage marinara
Ice cream with hot fudge and a cookie
mini pigs in blanket
baby dill pickles
harvest salad with Dried cranberries, pears, candied pecans, and citrus vinaigrette
wild rice pilaf
roasted red potatoes with rosemary and olive oil
green beans with almonds and bacon
cider glazed pork medallions
chicken cordon bleu
Brownie bites with butter cream icing
chocolate dipped strawberries
my homemade peanut butter cups
2. Last week when I went to my ladies bible study I was told I had a surprise!
This very, very, special group of women, had something for me that I never would have imagined in a million years. They presented me with a box and inside this box was a dress. But not just any ordinary dress. It is the dress I get to walk down the aisle in when I renew my wedding vows to my husband in 12 days. I can't tell you how much I was dreading shopping for a dress. A few months ago I found one I liked and thought that it would be perfect for the occasion. However I would never spend that kind of money on a dress so I put it back. My best friend got together with the ladies of the church and they surprised me with this very dress. It will be altogether different wearing this dress. Than if I had just went out and purchased one.
This way I will feel as if those beautiful women are walking with me down the aisle.
I think this is the most special gift I have ever received!
3. Last week Justin and I went down and got our tattoos. We had been planning this for about 8 months. We knew we had to do this during the Thanksgiving holiday to give Justin time to heal before going back to work. Justin does not wear a wedding band due to the nature of his work.
we thought that it would be a perfect solution to get wedding band tattoos. So for our 15th wedding anniversary instead of exchanging rings when we renew our vows, we got tattooed!
4. Thanksgiving was a really nice affair. We had dinner over at Justin's brother's house with family from out of town joining us. Everyone was so kind, I pretty much was just allowed to sit and do nothing and all they let me bring was a pumpkin pie! So I had to spice up the cool whip by stirring in some cinnamon. Also Elyssa and I made some sugar cookies as place cards for the dinner table. After dinner we went to see my best friend's new house and have dessert. I had been so consumed by the wedding and they had just got the keys to start moving in during the weekend of the wedding. I was so bummed that I didn't get to help her move in! Her home is gorgeous and it fits her perfectly! I am so happy for them!!!!
5. I hosted dinner at my house the night after Thanksgiving, Everyone brought some sort of leftovers from the day before. I made stuffed mushrooms, and cream cheese wontons. The wontons were a hit. We devoured about 50 of them in 10 minutes. They were super simple and delicious! After dinner we played cards there were 4 couples and we had a great time. The kids were playing very good together as well. It was very nice to have adult conversation and play some games.
6.Saturday my mom hosted her Thanksgiving dinner. It was really nice very laid back and yummy! I was still trying to get rested up from the previous weekend. So we called it an early night and went home to veg out in front of the tv. Elyssa was also exhausted from all of the recent events and she needed to go home to bed.
7. I have recently introduced my kids to Star Trek the Next Generation. They LOVE it. We watched part of season 2 in the last few weeks. We can't get enough. Justin thinks I am a nerd. I am sure of it.
8. I am still trying to prepare for our ceremony. 10 days away and I have so much to do, to get ready. Fortunately we all have our clothes ready for that day. I have 2 of the most fabulous decorators in the whole world, working with me. Just details to attend to... I wrote my vows last night, I am a slacker, Justin had his done over a week ago.
so glad you could stop by for a bit and catch up with us!