Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Bear

You know that nursery rhyme Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear Fuzzy wuzzy had no hair?
I stepped into that nursery rhyme today and I just don't know what to think.... You see Justin got a call today that he would be going to work at Magcorp for a few weeks they need an electrician who can weld and he is the only one that they have. So he headed home from work for lunch, and he shaved off all of his facial hair..... well except his eye brows of course! He has to be able to wear a respirator if need be. When he stepped out of the bathroom to show me his handi work I was wigged out. Then he promptly left to go do a respirator test at WorkMed and purchase his respirator etc....He left me there with my jaw dropped and a million thoughts rampaging through my little blown mind. I have not seen him with out his mustache and beard for over 6 years. He looks so different, I can't stop looking at him! It just makes me wonder if I could pick him out of a crowd now if I had to? His face is very soft and he looks older than I remember him with out all the hair, But in a more mature way, not ancient like. I admit I like looking at him, always have, but now it is more like curiosity. I find myself staring at him and I embarassed myself by staring at him for a long time and he caught me. I know the kids think it is strange as well. I think he looks really good I think this no facial hair thing could grow on me.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
If Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
Then Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't Fuzzy was HE?

4 comments:

Teaching by Mom said...

Your so funny. I think I would be in the same boat if my clean shaven man grew his beard out!

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

After you told me he shaved off his facial hair I started to wonder if I could picture Justin without it. It will be interesting to see on Sunday. Thanks for coming with me last night. I always have a great time when you're around.

Fisher Family said...

You forgot to post a pic?!? :-)

Deep Thought said...

I am an apprentice electrician who has had a beard and mustache for 5 years now. It would be quite different even to think about shaving. My wife of 4 1/2 years once said she would never marry a man with facial hair but I'm glad she softened on that one. I'm pretty sure she could relate. But I'm sure it took some getting used to on Justin. I would like to ask your husband a question if I could. I have been having some difficulty getting the hand of bending conduit, is their any helpful hints he could offer?

http://deepthought.com