Friday, June 4, 2010

Ashton's First Dinner

Somehow I got lucky and my kids have made dinner for 2 nights in a row! Earlier today I was forced, by my own suffering from seasonal allergies, to take some Benadryl.  And as the side effects go I found myself in a drowsy stupor. I ended up having to lie down at 4:30 pm to rest my eyes. Some time during my nap I heard my son asking where the ground beef was. He needed to know if it was in the freezer, but he took the initiative to start looking for it. Then he started it thawing in the microwave.  Ashton was making tacos! When I went to the grocery store I picked up a taco kit. It came with hard shells, taco seasoning and taco sauce. He did very well following the directions. Then he reheated some of the homemade refried beans from earlier in the week. This was his dinner and it was sooo tasty! 
Elyssa helped set the table and get out all of the toppings and condiments for the tacos. I was so thankful that he decided to do dinner, as I was busy sleeping off my Benadryl and we had a softball game tonight!

 I am a lucky woman!


My sweet boy is growing up so fast! He will be in 7th grade this year. He makes killer tacos and awesome brownies!  Already he is asking if he just has to make dinner or if he can make breakfast sometime as well.
You go Boy! 


Go Ashton! Go Ashton! Go!

1 comment:

Loose Sparrow Arts N Crafts said...

OK, so I need a couple of young slaves to cook me some dinner, so you can send over your cuties now. Those tacos look delicious. I can't believe your kids are getting so big. I think I first met Justin when he was in 7th grade, no? Much love!